Saturday, September 27, 2014

Meet Piggme, a social network built on "Crowdgiving"

http://socialnetworkingnews.org/meet-piggme-a-social-network-built-on-crowdgiving/


Like so many others, I have had numerous members of my family become stricken with cancer. One of them, my mother’s cousin, used to organize big group for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in Central Park. Now, I’m not sure if you’ve ever been to one of those events, but they are HUGE. And they are filled with celebrities. I ever got to walk past none other than Judge Judy herself!


At some point, I have to admit, I began to wonder just how much money was being spent (or, in my mind, “wasted”) on organizing these events. Couldn’t people just donate? Why did it require something like on such a grand to get people to care?


Well, the truth is that people need an incentive to give. That is just the way it is, and there’s no getting around it. So why not embrace it, the way Piggme has?


Source: vator.tv


See on Scoop.itsocial networking




http://socialnetworkingnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/39bb59af-837b-4e69-9f47-417871fbefd7.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment