Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pondering Social Media – What If We Taught Social Media In High School?

http://socialnetworkingnews.org/pondering-social-media-what-if-we-taught-social-media-in-high-school/


First I’d like share with you why I think I might be worth listening to on this subject.


What I am not – I am not a high school teacher. I am not a high school counselor or administrator. I am not an accredited expert on teenagers.


Who I am- I am, however, a mom to three teens and a pre-teen. I swap stories with other parents and have been parenting for 18+ years. I am a social media consultant and because of my job, I am probably more aware of the possible dangers of social media as it relates to college acceptance, bullying, school performance, sports and scholarship opportunities. I am online all the time. I am online when your teen is in school. I am online when you think your teen is in school, learning, yet I know (I engage with them, at times) they are online while in the classroom. I am the marketer who optimizes my posts to social media targeted at teens and I know what they will click on, share and like.


As to the question posed in the title, here is my answer. I do think social media should be taught in high school and here are my reasons.


Source: www.business2community.com


See on Scoop.itother networks


http://socialnetworkingnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/21d26403-fc0e-48c5-acb9-69fe3f880aa6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment